Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Soothsayer Ch. 11, Pt. 2

Notes: Okay, so we dive hardcore into more plotty stuff next week, but this is all still relevant. And also, for those who read the below and think to themselves "That's not how people camp," oh yes it is. In my family, tents are for wusses. Even in the winter, we've built snow caves over sleeping in tents. Every summer backpacking trip I've ever taken with my dad, who is a former Army Ranger, we've slept under strategically-tied tarps on sleeping bags and pads. In his older age he's condescended to add an air mattress for the sake of his hips, but the rest of it? Rain or wind or mosquito season, it's plastic tarps. Yep. I like it a lot more than these guys do, though :)


Title: Soothsayer Chapter Eleven, Part Two.

 ***

                Don’t get me wrong. I was not, and had never been, big into the “great outdoors.” My mother might have liked roughing it in a little cabin with unreliable electricity, and I may have spent more than my fair share of time tied up in uncomfortably rural locations, but I’d never enjoyed it. It wasn’t the sort of thing I put up with for enjoyment, it was what happened when there were no other options and I had to suck it up. I figured it would be second nature for Sören, though. After all, he was a freaking landvættir. If getting comfy on the actual land wasn’t a part of that, I didn’t know what was.

                Living in ignorance was way better than finding out the truth.


1 comment:

  1. I need to go back and read this from the beginning again! I'm beginning to forget things as I go along. :-(

    I am really looking forward to seeing how you wrap this all up!

    ReplyDelete