Sunday, February 9, 2014

Lego Movie Review

In a fit of nostalgia, my man and I went to go see the LEGO Movie on Friday night.  I was expecting it to be cute.


Aww, LEGOS, so cute!  And it was cute, but it was also completely awesome



I say this as someone who only played with LEGOS in a cursory way; I got most of my enjoyment of this movie out of its very effective self-ridicule and the general hilarity of the situation.  My man enjoyed it on the deeper level of someone who's played with a lot of those LEGO sets ("Oh my god, 80's Space Man! And that's exactly how his helmet broke, and that's how the insignia on his uniform always wore off! It's so realistic!").

There is exactly one catchy song for the whole movie, which is very deliberate, and great voice actors and fun special effects with LEGO water, LEGO fire, LEGO explosions...it should be cloying or ridiculous, but it really isn't.  I enjoyed it, at any rate.


1 comment:

  1. I really want to see this movie but I was afraid the theaters would be overrun with kids like it was when I took my man to see Despicable Me 2. Maybe we'd have better luck at a late night showing :-)

    ReplyDelete