Sunday, December 8, 2013

Awards season, and whoa, there I am!

Let's get this one out of the way first :)  Cambion: Dark Around The Edges was nominated for the best gay paranormal romance, and it got 4th place overall in the category.  It was a huge freakin' category too, so I feel pretty good about that!

Or kind of...close enough!

The winners and runner-ups in all categories can all be found here: 2013 Rainbow Award Winners.  This is the place to look if you want a list of some excellent fiction to read over the holidays, guys.  Numerous other Colorado authors are featured, too: look for Carter Quinn, George Seaton and Marie Sexton in the gay contemporary fiction and romance categories.


On to the next big thing!  The Goodreads M/M Romance Group is having it's annual member's choice awards starting on the 10th.  I think they're sending out a newsletter to members with the categories listed so people can vote that way.  A few of my stories got some mentions, so I'm gonna throw them out here so, if anyone is interested, you'll know where to vote for my stuff.  I'm not a big player in this group, so I was pleasantly surprised to find some of my work nominated.

For Cambion: Dark Around the Edges: Favorite M/M Series (which, whoa, thanks to the awesome person who nominated me for that, holy crap) and Best Fantasy.

For You Get Full Credit For Being Alive: Best Action/Suspense/Adventure, Best Story That Should/Must Have A Sequel (it will, I promise, it's coming in the new year), Best Title (because who doesn't love Vonnegut!), Best Hurt/Comfort, Best Free Story (aww, thank you, I tried) and finally, Best Law Enforcement (profession-wise).

So, thanks for the love, darlins!  I'll get going with The Academy on Tuesday, so get ready to start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment