Sunday, August 25, 2013

The World's End...is epic:)

My man and I saw this movie on Friday:



If you've seen Shaun of the Dead and/or Hot Fuzz, you know the type of movie this is.  It's a freaky weird, adrenaline-building buddy flick masquerading for a little while at the beginning as something completely banal.  I loved it.  Seriously, I loved this movie.  I love the actors, I love the few serious issues that cropped up in the midst of the bizarre, and I loved the way it pulled absolutely no punches with blending genres that just shouldn't work so well together, yet do.  I mean, pub crawls + robots?  The freakiest, funniest robots ever?  Seriously, loved it.  Plus, Martin Freeman, so.  Insta-winner with me.



2 comments:

  1. I loved this movie so much! So so so many laugh out loud moments. I actually want to see it again. If tickets weren't so expensive I probably would :-)

    One of my favorite lines, "What the fuck does WTF mean?" OMG. I DIED!

    So epic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that line! And how they were Starbucking the pubs, and seeing it through to the lager end, and...well basically the whole movie. Cheers, darling, on your exquisite taste:)

      Delete