Monday, August 12, 2013

So, um, Love Letters? Hello?

It's not written yet.  I'm sorry, I knew this week would be hellishly busy, but I only needed a few hours.  I haven't had a few hours, not unless you count the time when I'm sleeping.

I got my mother from the airport Saturday, and she promptly decided to throw not one, but two parties, complete with ludicrous amounts of alcohol, so things have been hectic at home.  I took tomorrow off, in order to go and get my dad from the airport at  seven am (why? my god, why these awful early flights?) and then they have Plans, capital P, that involve me being available.  I see my folks once a year, they're visiting from Germany, I need to be available.  

I'm going to try to find the time to write a shorter update tomorrow, or will give you a long and incredibly fulsome one later in the week, I promise.  I would try to stay up late and finish it tonight, but I'm feeling at the end of my rope.  I feel frayed, my man is on edge, there's brittle merriment and lots of wine and genuine love and affection, but it's all tangled in with a morass of duty and expectation that makes me step very lightly.

So, there it is.  I'm sorry for the delay, I truly am, I'll try to get something done Tuesday afternoon and posted, and if I can't I'll write through my lunches at work, because apart from that I have no time.  No.  Time.


PS-Aw, thanks for the comments so far, you make me feel better:)  As does my mom's amazing cooking, so.  Guess I just needed some lovin', as she'd say. 

5 comments:

  1. Just enjoy all the time you can. And don't worry about us. We can survive a week without Love Letters (allthough it is hard ;-)). And I hope the time with your parents is good and that you and your man enjoy the company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do not stress! I agree with JaNo, we will survive if it doesn't happen. We will not form an angry mob and hunt you down :-) Take it easy and try to enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your time and just enjoy your family. You only see them once a year so concentrate on them. We will all still be here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you care so much about your readers that you don't want to disappoint us. It sounds like you're going to be plenty busy with your parents' "Plans" so just enjoy your time with them. We will survive a week without Love Letters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem Cari. We'll be here to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete