Saturday, June 16, 2012

Cinders Post #12

Notes:  Let the Dirty Thirty begin!  I have a good feeling about this year.  I've got some big projects in the works, one mainstream-ish, several for my erotica lovers and now, a black hole where I should be writing a story on this blog.  Hmmm...what shall I do?  That's a questions for tomorrow.  Happy Birthday to me, and huge thanks to all of the people who read and write and make me feel so good about choosing to pursue writing with their kind words and encouragement.  I couldn't do this without you.

Title: Cinders

Part Twelve:  And They All Lived...


***




Notes: Let the Dirty Thirty begin! I have a good feeling about this year. I've got some big projects in the works, one mainstream-ish, several for my erotica lovers and now, a black hole where I should be writing a story on this blog. Hmmm...what shall I do? That's a questions for tomorrow. Happy Birthday to me, and huge thanks to all of the people who read and write and make me feel so good about choosing to pursue writing with their kind words and encouragement. I couldn't do this without you.

Title: Cinders

Part Twelve: And They All Lived...


***





Asher runs through the door at top speed, stumbles on the stairs and falls onto the walkway. He hits shoulder first, and the grind of the concrete through the thin cloth of his t-shirt really sucks, but at least he misses going face first. He lays there for a second, eyes closed and breathing heavily, before he tentatively opens up and looks around. There sky is dark purple fading to orange, and the streetlights closest to him go off as he watches. Streetlights. Electricity. That means…

“Holy shit.” Asher levers himself to his hands and knees and looks around, astonished. He’s in the front yard of the mystery house, a few feet away from the wrought iron fence. The door behind him is still open, a black hole that gives nothing away, and yet here he is. In skinny jeans, a t-shirt, jacket and wearing just one sneaker. Real clothes. “Holy shit! He’s back. The gate was the doorway he needed. He’s back, he can go home…

Getting up isn’t at all a conscious thing. The gate opens with a bang but Asher doesn’t even hear it, instead he’s tearing of down the street like his ass is on fire, running and not caring that he’s barefoot and probably fucking himself up royally. He’s not that far from home, he can be there fast. Familiar landmarks spring up, familiar people too, and a few of them send catcalls his way, which he ignores. Fuck ‘em. Asher has places to be. He’s running his heart out and he’s lucky, he doesn’t step on glass or metal or anything, just makes it back to his apartment building in record time, puts his hand on the door and then—

He sees himself. A picture of himself is posted here, on the glass. MISSING is printed out bold in caps over his head, with a plea for any information and Ty’s number listed below it. Which makes him wonder…how long has he been gone? Time passes differently in situations like this, right? You think you’re taking a nap and you wake up a hundred years later, or you spend a day in fairyland and it’s been a year. Well. Asher is sure that this wouldn’t be on the door if he’s been gone for a year; not even Ty could be that optimistic, but clearly it’s been long enough to worry him. That’s the last thing Asher ever wanted.

He takes a few deep breaths, then grabs the poster and tears it off, throws it onto the ground. He’s back now. Asher takes the stairs two at a time, because they’re faster than the ancient elevator, and heads into their hall. Their apartment is at the end. He can see light from beneath the door, which is unusual because Ty is never up early enough to see the sunrise. Asher shuts his eyes for a moment, strangely nervous, then tries the door. It opens, and he steps inside.

The light in the kitchen is on but the living room is still dark. Asher can just make out Ty’s outline, large and awkward folded onto the couch, partially covered by a blanket. He wants to go to him, but it feels like his feet are glued in place now. He sees the blanket shift and clears his throat. “Ty.”

Ty mumbles something and lifts his head. “Ash?” When he gets his face free of the cover and really looks, the sleepiness vanishes and he sits up, staring like he’s seeing a ghost. “Ash?” he repeats, and the uncertainty in his voice is heartbreaking.

“Yeah,”Asher replies, and that’s all he has time for before Ty is on him, springing up like a frightened gazelle and closing the distance between them in record time thanks to his freakishly long legs. He doesn’t pause, just pulls Asher immediately into his arms, and it’s all Asher can do to stay on his feet when those arms wrap around him. Ty smells like himself, something warm and young and welcome, and he feels even better. He feels real, not imagined, not made up on the spot to imitate the original. Like his scent…Asher can’t describe it, but he knows it, viscerally. This is reality, and it’s so much better than anything else some fairy world could conjure up.

Ash,” Ty says again, holding him even tighter, and Asher can’t really breathe right now but he also can’t really care. He pulls back just enough to lift his face and captures Ty’s mouth in a kiss. Ty has morning breath, which is perfect in its imperfectness, and there’s the chipped incisor and there’s that sound he makes in his throat, that needy sound that Asher loves so much. They lose themselves in it for a while before Ty finally pulls back. His expression is completely wrecked. “Where have you been?”

“Um…” Here comes the fun part. Asher prevaricates long enough to shut the door and kick off his one shoe, wincing as he does so. Ty looks down at his bare feet and frowns, but he’s not put off the scent. “Can we sit down?”

No,” Ty says. His hair is a rat’s nest, brown strands sticking up in every direction, and his eyes are red-rimmed and tired. He looks like he needs to sleep for a week, but Asher knows that suggestion would just get him punched on the shoulder. Hard. “Tell me where you’ve been.” He glances down again. “Without finding another shoe that whole time, jesus.”

Asher sighs. “How long was I gone?”

Ty looks at him incredulously. “Three days!” The anger Asher is fearing doesn’t show up; instead he sees worry. “How long did you think you were gone?”

Three weeks. “Longer,” Asher says honestly. He can’t tell Ty what really happened, or at least what Asher thinks really happened; who would believe he was caught in a fairy tale? He goes with a partial truth. “I don’t really know what happened to me. I walked until I found this house, and I went inside and…things got weird, man. It was like being in a completely different world. I didn’t know where I was and I couldn’t get out, and all I could think about was getting back to you.” Now the emotion is on his part, pure fear just barely dulled. “I thought I might never see you again.”

“Fuck, who found you, did they give you drugs? God, sit down.” Asher lets Ty tug him over to the couch, and it feels like the most comfortable thing in the world. Ty is still holding onto his arms and Asher likes it. In fact, he wants more, and leans forward to rest against Ty’s chest. They aren’t normally cuddlers, and Ty is taken aback at first, but then he’s holding on for his life again, hard and possessive, and Asher loves it. “Tell me what happened. Do you need to go to a hospital?”

“No,”Asher says. “I just…it felt like a long time for me, man. More than three days. I missed the hell out of you. I didn’t stay away because I wanted to, Ty. You know I wouldn’t do that to you.”

“I know,”Ty says instantly, and his response soothes Asher. “You’d never just leave me like that. I put up missing posters—did you see the one downstairs? I talked to the cops too but they didn’t take me seriously. I went out every night and asked the girls if they’d seen you, and no one could tell me anything. I was so fucking scared.”

“Me too.” Asher inhales deep. “I’d never leave you period, Ty. Not unless you want me to go. I don’t want to…I mean, you’ve got stuff you want to accomplish and I don’t want to hold you back, but you have to know that I’m yours, man. Completely.”

“You’re my what?” Ty asks uncertainly.

“Fuck, you’re really gonna make me say it?” Asher rolls his eyes up to the ceiling but goes on. “I’m your boyfriend, your boy toy, your roommate, whatever. I’m as much as you want me to be. I’ll take what I can get.”

When Ty smiles, really smiles, it’s with his whole face. He doesn’t do it very often, but when he does he looks joyous, and Asher has to smile back. “I want you as my boyfriend,” he says firmly. He leans in for another kiss and Asher responds hotly, suddenly hornier than he’s been in days and finally able to sate himself the way he wants. He leans into the kiss, more aggressive than he usually is, works his fingers into Ty’s perfectly grabbable hair and angles his face just right, comes up onto his knees and pushes forward until Ty is on his back and Asher is on top. They’re grinding together just right and breathing each other, eating each other and living each other. Ty is moaning already, seeking out friction and heat, and Asher knows what he wants.

“Ty,” he murmurs as he breaks their kiss for a moment, “let me fuck you.” It’s kind of a big thing to ask for. They’ve only done it this way once, when Asher took his virginity because he didn’t want Ty’s first time to be with a john. He would do it for them if the money was there, but far more often Ty had given blowjobs, or done the fucking. Plenty of guys wanted to be fucked by a strong young thing like him. Far more of them had wanted to do Asher, and that had been fine, but Asher wanted Ty now. He wanted something that was just theirs, something special. He had expected it to take some convincing. He’s surprised.

Yes,” Ty moans emphatically, arching his hips up. “God yes, please fuck me, I want that with you.”

Well, shit. Okay. “Bedroom,” Asher insists, standing up and tugging Ty with him. He turns to go and trips over something on the floor. “What the…”

“It’s your other shoe,” Ty says a little sheepishly. “I, um, I kept it kind of close. Just because.”

“Freak,”Asher says affectionately, drawing him in for another kiss. They stumble back into the bedroom, both of them losing clothes and laughing and eventually falling into bed. Asher’s still on top, Ty is hot and pliant beneath him, and they’re both hard enough to drill through steel. “You need anything?” Asher asks before he gets going.

“I’m good,” Ty says. “Got lube, got condoms, I just need your dick in my ass.”

Asher’s dick isn’t going to last if Ty keeps that up. “Think you need something else, first.” He rolls Ty onto his stomach and lifts his hips, and Ty groans at the first touch of Asher’s tongue to that tight ring.

“Wanted this forever, since the first time,” he babbles into the pillow, breathing fast and shallow as Asher licks around his rim. “Wanted you in me but I couldn’t, I couldn’t ask, because you—oh, fuck—” Asher pushes the tip of his tongue inside, slowly stretching his boyfriend and loving how that makes him go all shuddery and quiet. Ty doesn’t say anything else, just whimpers and gasps as Asher opens him up slow, gradually adding fingers slicked with lube. It’s been a long time since Ty has done this and he’s really tight, but this time he’s eager instead of nervous, and Asher knows that Ty wants this.

Eventually he pulls back and rolls on a condom, coats it with more lube just to be safe, and then his hands are on Ty’s hips, guiding him back onto Asher’s cock. He planned to take this slow and steady but as soon as he gets the head in Ty is thrusting back hard, and Asher has to bite his tongue so that it bleeds to keep from coming right there.

“M’okay,”Ty says, his voice tight and desperate. “Just do it, please, Ash.” He’s so tight this has got to be hurting, but the best way to make it better is to go on. Asher does, pulling back a little and pressing in again, his hands splayed wide across Ty’s lower back. He uses short, gentle thrusts until Ty relaxes some, then pulls back further, one hand sliding around to touch Ty as he does. Ty’s cock is hard and dripping, and Asher uses that slick to make stroking him easier as he fucks into him. Except it’s not just fucking, it’s more than that somehow, there’s nothing normal about the way Ty feels around him.

He bends down and licks a stripe across Ty’s shoulder blade just because he can, because he wants to taste more of him, then kisses the nape of his neck. Asher leaves his mouth there as he thrusts harder, smelling and tasting and touching as much of Ty as he can. He’s hot and sweaty and perfect and he’s all Asher’s, and Asher doesn’t even realize he’s saying anything until Ty is coming, squeezing so tight around his cock that it almost hurts and the last thing Asher hears before he comes himself and his ears go cottony is his own voice, saying, “Love you, I love you, I love you…”

They collapse onto the bed, rolling sideways to avoid the wet spot. Asher slowly slips free of Ty, trying to catch his breath and make sense of everything that’s happening. He’s got so much to do, more to explain and to say and to promise, and he’s gotta make a plan because he can’t keep working on the streets. The idea of going out and doing this with someone else makes him sick. He’ll figure it out, they’ll figure it all out, but right now he has Ty and they’re finally together the way they should be, and for the first time in three weeks Asher feels like he can really breathe. He reaches down and pulls the condom off, twists and tosses it into the trashcan and then is back, wrapped around Ty before he’s out of his post-orgasm stupor.

They lay quietly together for a while before Ty asks, “Do you mean it?”

“Yes.” Asher has never meant anything more in his whole life.

“Good. I love you, too.”

Asher presses his smile into Ty’s shoulder. “Good.”


Tiny black eyes watch the tableau unfold, and whiskers twitch as the air is saturated with thick, heavy scents. Round ears perk up and listen the whole way through, until the young men fall asleep. Then tiny paws set foot on the carpet, leaving the sanctuary of the jacket behind. A little mouse runs through the living room, squeezes under the crack at the front door, and heads back towards a house that will be gone by tomorrow.



And they lived happily ever after.

9 comments:

  1. I love it!! And I love Mousey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. That was so sweet, and I loved the mouse too. I had to go back and re-read part of chapter 1 because I completely forgot what kind of lifestyle Asher and Ty came from, but it's all good. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Cause it took me so damn long to post that you forgot, argh, I know. I'm glad you enjoyed the story, though. But what the hell am I going to do next?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You know what, doll? You speak, I listen. My next project will be an update for Pandora! I want to do some scenes from Cody's POV anyway:)

      Delete
    2. That is a brilliant idea!!!!

      Delete