Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Two Awesomely Cool Things

First things first, I am again behind the times in getting the word out for this anthology:



Mine, edited by Shawn Clements and published by Torquere Press.  I'd call it a paranormal possessiveness anthology featuring vampires and shapeshifters.  My story is titled "State of Mine"; yes, I'm so punny.  It's available starting tomorrow on the Torquere website: http://www.torquerebooks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2883.

I actually wish I'd had more length to develop this story, the world is very interesting if I do say so myself.  Vampires have taken over Seattle (naturally, right?) but there are also psychics and great escapes and bits and pieces of Chopin.  It's a little over 8k long, and while I haven't read all the other authors in the anthology before, the ones I have (JL Merrow specifically) are awesome.


The other awesomely cool thing of late (my mental editor is shrieking at me about repeating that word over and over again, but darn it, sometimes nothing fits the bill like "awesome") is a review I got for my story Treasured on jessewave's website, actually guest-written by Jenre.  If you're the sort of person who likes to read reviews, here's a link: http://www.reviewsbyjessewave.com/?p=33647

Why is this so cool?  Apart from being a great review that introduced me to several new people, it was brought to my attention by my publisher as it boosted sales.  That's cool because the only way I get to write about the Treasured world again in the forseeable future, at least with these characters, is if I get enough sales to warrant a sequel.  I know, the story could have been a novel, not a shortish-novella, but I couldn 't commit the time.  I would really, really freaking love to write a sequel, so thank you, Jenre, for the lovely review, and thank you jessewave for letting it get posted, and damn it, thanks for buying my stuff, people.  Seriously.  Writing is how I spend my limited hours of computer-charged time, it's how I relax, it's how I get creative.  Blogging isn't.  Some of you may have noticed, I'm not a tres-savvy blogger.  I do this so I can be a better writer, for myself and for all the people who put time and effort into me, including those who review and those who read me.  So jeez.  Thanks. 

Enough mush.  I'll post the prologue of the third chapter of Shadows and Light up here tomorrow (probably tomorrow), which should make people who've followed that story on Literotica happy (the rest is getting beta'd soon, it'll be up on their site asap, swear).  Lots of my stuff's there and it's free, folks.  Merci beaucoup.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! More Shadows and Light just in time for my upcoming birthday! What a gift! Thanks, Cari!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what impeccable timing! (buffs nails modestly) Happy Birthday Tiffany, and I hope you enjoy the snippet:)

    ReplyDelete